Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MY TURN

Karen has been after me to enter a blog update so here goes.
I am doing my part to get ready for our departure on June 30th. I have purchased our Ecuador phones, a new netbook, new camera and a bunch of other stuff. I am on my second week of retirement and still liking it. It is true, I do not miss going to work every day or getting middle of the night phone calls.

 I have also been getting together my essentials for travel; 120 gigabyte Zune with over a 1000 CD's loaded into it. new Grado headphones, new Benchmade folding knife (I'm a guy, it is essential), new pair of Birkenstocks, new cargo shorts (our Ecuador friends tell me no one wears shorts in Cuenca), and most important is my travel bag. I have had  many changes made to it by our local seamstress and it is ready for the ultimate survival conditions. It will hold cigars, flask of rum, my Zune and Kindle ebook reader. I think it will insure my survival in the harshest conditions. Also ordered several boxes of cigars, new cigar cutter and lighter.

 I had the lasik thing done to my eyes so I went crazy and bought three pairs of Ray Ban sunglasses, they are so cool. What more could we possibly need?

I am leaving it up to Karen to find us a place to live, travel arrangements, documents needed for residency, etc. When I was younger I was in the Peace Corps in the Phillipines. What I learned most during that experience is that less plans means less to go wrong. Living in the moment day to day created the most happiness. I am fortunate to have Karen in my life. She is more responsible than me and she loves me enough to put up with all my quirks. I am very excited to have her as my travel partner. It is going to be a fun adventure!!!! 

3 comments:

  1. For some reason this shows as my post, but its Randys post... oh well..just a little disclaimer there.. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randy you may know this but you can get Cohiba in Ecuador!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to contribute ... good job Randy!

    ReplyDelete